At Nā Kia`i Pa`a, we are driven by an unwavering commitment to restoring and preserving the remarkable native plant species that make Hawaii’s ecosystems so unique. Our dedicated team of volunteers, scientists, and conservationists are deeply passionate about the islands’ natural beauty.
Our mission is to preserve and restore Hawaii’s unique and biodiverse ecosystems by reforesting and conserving native plant species. We are dedicated to:
- Reforestation: We strive to re-establish healthy populations of Hawaii’s native plants in their natural habitats, reversing the effects of deforestation and habitat degradation.
- Conservation: We work tirelessly to protect and conserve the fragile ecosystems that native plants call home, promoting biodiversity and sustainability.
- Education: We are committed to raising awareness and understanding of the critical importance of native plant conservation through community outreach, education programs, and scientific research.
- Collaboration: We actively collaborate with local communities, government agencies, and fellow conservation organizations to maximize the impact of our efforts and promote a united front for environmental stewardship.
- Research: We engage in rigorous scientific research to better understand native plant species, their ecosystems, and the challenges they face, using data-driven approaches to guide our conservation strategies.
By pursuing these objectives, we aim to ensure a future where Hawaii’s native plants thrive, preserving the cultural, ecological, and environmental significance of these unique island ecosystems for generations to come.
Get Involved: You can be a part of this noble cause! Join us in our mission to protect and restore Hawaii’s native plants. Here’s how you can get involved:
- Kokua (Volunteer): Roll up your sleeves and get hands-on experience with native plant reforestation and habitat restoration.
- Makana (Donate): Contribute to our conservation efforts by making a donation. Every dollar makes a difference.
- Hoʻokaʻaʻike (Spread the Word): Share our mission on social media and help us raise awareness about the importance of native plant conservation in Hawaii.
Together, we can ensure a vibrant and sustainable future for Hawaii’s unique ecosystems and cultural traditions.